Sunday, January 31, 2016

Dark Eyes and Bold Lip Tutorial


So, since I have received a lot of compliments about this look, I have decided to do a detailed tutorial for you… 

Let's Get Started; (:
Moisturizer:
To begin, you are going to want to moisturize your face before adding any product because it adds the needed hydration and moisture that your face needs. The moisturizer I use is the Neutrogena Hydro Blast.

Eyebrows:
First, I take a Spoolie and brush my brow hair in an upwards motion. Then, I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) eyebrow pencil in the color Soft Brown.

I then start outlining the premises of the brow beginning from the side closest to my nose and end the process by dragging the pencil, making sure to elongate the tail.

Then, I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in the color Soft Brown and to apply I use the ABH double ended brush. To finish off, I use the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Soft Brown to set the hairs in place.


Eyes:
You want to start off by priming your eyelids with an eye shadow base.
Set your eye shadow base with an eye shadow that is the closest shade to your skin color.

Using a fluffy blending brush, blend Milani’s Bella Cafe into the crease using this as your transitional shade.

Next, taking the same fluffy brush, apply the Chocolate Brown shade from the Sonia Kashuk Matte Eye Shadow Palette to add more definition to your crease.

Take a more dense fluffy brush (Mac #217) and add the darkest brown from the Palette onto the outer “V” of your eye and pulling the color down onto your lower lash line.

Using the same fluffy brush, take Milani’s Bella Cafe and blend all of the dark colors together making sure that there are no harsh lines and has a flawless, gradient effect.

Taking NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Crayon in the color Black Bean, apply this as an eye shadow base all over your lids. By adding the black, this is going to make sure that the next shadow that will be added on top is as bright as possible.

Taking the color Nutty Nutmeg from Wet & Wild, take a dense flat shade brush and add the color all over your lid.

Now, take the previous fluffy brush and add the darkest shade from the Palette and apply a little more to the crease. Due to so much previous blending, color may wear/ come off.

Finally, take Urban Decay eye shadow in the color Venus and add the color to your brow bone.

Now, take ELF’s eye shadow pigment in the color Angelic and a small pencil brush. Spray Mac Fix + onto the brush, dip it into the pigment and add to inner tear duct.


Eyeliner:
I used the NYC liquid liner in black to create a winged liner and applied Urban Decay 24/7 black liner onto the waterline.

Mascara:

Better than Sex from TooFaced cosmetics

Lashes:
Ardell Demi Whispies , and Duo Lash Glue

Face:
I started off the face by spraying some MAC FIX + all over the face to help prep the face for the foundation I am about to apply.

Next, I used the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Dewy in the color 220 and applied that all over my face using a damp Beauty Blender.

I then used the Maybelline Better Skin concealer in the shade medium and applied that right underneath my eyes to make sure that I am covering the darkness in which the foundation didn’t cover. Blend using Beauty Blender.

Using the Mac Prep and Prime Concealer pen in the color Light Boost, I created a small triangle from the bottom of my eye to the nose and towards the temples of my face, blend that using the Beauty Blender.

Using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette, use the banana shade and set all of the concealer you just applied.

Using a defined contour brush I used the NYX Cosmetics blush in the color Taupe as a contour shade. Use this color to define your cheekbones, drag color up onto your temples, down to the sides of your neck. To create a more bronzy, goddess look, I applied NYC bronzer in Fire Island Bronze to add a soft glow.

Now this is my favorite part. The HIGHLIGHT!  I always add about two or three layers of highlight, depending on the look.

First layer of highlight, I used the ELF’s blush brush and wet the brush using some FIX + and dipped the brush into ELF’S Pinktastic blush which gives you a beautiful icy pinky highlight. It’s stunning, and by adding the FIX + it will become more intense.

Second layer of highlight I used  BH Cosmetics fan brush and dipped it into the Ofra’s Cosmetics loose powder highlight in the color Pink Sapphire, which is mainly glitter but adds a gorgeous sheen to the other layer of highlight.

Finish off the face by spritzing a little more of FIX + to set your makeup.

Lips:
I first used a lip scrubber to help get my lips prepped for the matte lip stick I was going to apply.

Then I used MAC’s Cherry lip liner to briefly outline the outer portions of my lips

I lastly applied NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in the color Morocco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment